Apple Sauce Muffins
Recipe Type: Muffins
Serves: 18 muffins
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup sugar (or equal)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup applesauce
- A few chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- Cream together the margarine, sugar and beaten egg.
- Add the apple sauce and stir to combine.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir the raisins and chopped nuts into the flour mixture.
- Combine the flour mixture with the apple sauce mixture and stir to combine.
- Bake slowly in a 350 F oven. Makes 18 muffins.
- *Bake until golden brown – approximately 20 – 30 minutes*