When Nana was expecting last minute company, one of her go-to recipes to make were these blueberry muffins!
These muffins can be made quickly – with fresh or frozen blueberries.
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup of milk at room temperature
- ½ cup melted margarine
- Mix: ¾ cups flour, ½ cup sugar, 2 tsp baking powder and ½ tsp salt in a large bowl.
- Add ½ cup blueberries. Stir gently to coat the blueberries completely in the flour mixture.
- In small bowl mix together: the beaten egg, 1 cup of room temperature milk and 1/2 cup of melted margarine. Mix well.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and fold through.
- Next, fill a prepared muffin pan with the mixture.
- Bake at 375 F for 15 to 20 minutes. The tops of the muffins will be lightly browned.
Tip: Bring your eggs and milk up to room temperature before baking with them! You can place your egg in a cup of warm water for a few minutes and microwave your milk for 15 seconds to take the chill off – you will be surprised by what a big difference this makes to your finished baked goods!
P.S. if you stir the mixture to vigorously you will open up those blueberries and you will have blue muffins! So stir gently!