- 1 cup of raisins, or cherries cut up
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- Combine the flour and baking powder together.
- In a second bowl, cream the margarine and sugar together until soft.
- Add the 3 beaten eggs to the margarine mixture a little at a time.
- Beating well after each addition combine the margarine and flour mixtures.
- Add the fruit and combine completely.
- Pour into a prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 F for about 1 ¼ hour.
- Let stand on cake rack for 10 minutes then turn out.
There are a few different ways to prepare a cake pan.
My Nana always cut a piece of waxed paper (I use parchment paper) to the same size as the base of the cake pan.
Next she would place it in the bottom of the cake pan, before rubbing the sides of the pan with a little bit of margarine (or shortening).
Finally, she would dust the pan with a light coating of flour.