- 3 eggs slightly beaten
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups hot milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Combine the eggs, salt and sugar.
- Add milk slowly, stirring constantly.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour into 6 custard cups, or tart shells.
- Set in pan of hot water (1 inch of water deep).
- Bake at 350 F until set; about 30 to 35 minutes.
Custard has always been a favourite in our house.
We always ate it cold but it can also be eaten warm!
Serve the custard with fresh fruit and whipped cream for a tasty summer treat.